The Conco Cal-Buster® tube cleaner is a patented Conco exclusive technology specifically designed to fracture the eggshell-like crystalline form of calcium-based scale deposits in condensers and heat exchangers with tube sizes ¾” to 1-1/4”. Used in conjunction with a Conco C3S or C4S tube cleaner, for removal of these deposits after they have been fractured. The Cal-Buster tube cleaner has been effectively used in lieu of environmentally unsafe chemical methods on all types of tube materials. Due to the technical nature of Cal-Buster applications, an on-site evaluation and inspection is recommended to determine critical sizing information.
- Safe, water powered tube cleaner
- DuPont Delrin® body, with two stages, each containing four carbide wheels
- Custom sized and set for tube I.D. as well as scale deposit thickness
- Heads are color coded to distinguish size
- Can be used for approximately 5-10 shots each, depending on site conditions
How It Works
The Cal-Buster tube cleaner is shot through condenser and heat exchanger tubes using the Conco ProSeries™ Tube Cleaning System. The Cal-Buster tube cleaner features a two-staged DuPont Delrin® body each containing four carbide cutting wheels. As the Cal-Buster tube cleaner travels through the tube at 10 to 20 feet per second (at 200-300 PSI), the carbide wheels “score” the surface of the calcium, making removal possible with a Conco C4S or C3S type cleaner.